Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life's a Beach

I know, it’s been a while since my last post! We have been staying busy with our day to day routine…and playing as much as we can on the weekends! Charlie’s favorite activities have included slip and slides, pools, riding bikes/tractors, playing catch, washing the cars, snow cones, popsicles, and ice cream cones! Aaahhh the life of a three year old!
We did recently experience a first…Charlie’s first real trip to the beach! Last year Ryan and I took Charlie to “Palm Beach” at Moody Gardens…which in my opinion, was no beach! It was a white sand, man-made (over crowded) swimming pool. Charlie has never been to the “real” beach before. So on a recent visit to Paw Paw and Gee’s house, we decided it was time! We headed out to Surfside and parked right on the beach.
And the verdict is in….Charlie LOVED IT. I wasn’t sure how well he would like it considering he was the only kid, it was hot, and we forgot beach toys. He didn’t know the difference, I guess. He played with cups in the sand, built sand castles, collected shells, had a picnic on the beach, splashed in the waves and by the end of the day, he was a little braver than I would have liked! We took him out to deeper water on Ryan and Paw Paw’s shoulders and jumped over the waves, he was tickled to death over the fish in the deep water! Charlie was a beach bum for sure! We will definitely have to go back soon. Ryan and I are thinking….maybe Destin next summer.

Charlie & PawPaw


Charlie & his sandcastle


Charlie & Daddy


Charlie & PawPaw

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay!!! You Blogged! I was missing your blog talk! And if you go to Destin next year- we are going with y'all. Nat and Nate LOVE the beach. They had a blast in Port A...maybe we can plan a trip there- the kids would have a BLAST!

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

So glad everyone including Charlie had a great time at the beach! The pictures are adorable!!!!....and I'm with Stacey, I missed your blog talk!

Love,
Mimi

P.S. Destin is a beautiful beach!

Gail said...

great pictures! And if you are going to Destin...I'm in! Gorgeous beach and area!