Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Home Study Approved!

I am thrilled to announce we are finally Home Study APPROVED! I really did not think we would ever get through all of that paperwork, and I thought we would never finish jumping the hurdles to finish up our interviews! But the time has come, I have been working diligently on chasing after everything asked of us, doctor's appointments, tax returns, financial budgets, birth certificates, shot records, employer statements, letters from the insurance company, and the list goes on and on and on. But it was worth it! And our sweet child that is waiting for us is worth it!
Going through this process has brought so much peace and perspective, and certainty that Ryan and I are following the right path. God has a plan far greater than we can see for our family to become complete and we are so lucky to be on this journey.
More than anything, I have felt so strongly to start praying for our birthmother. I find myself praying at random times throughout the day and lying in bed at night praying for her before I go to sleep. I pray for her strength and her courage and I pray for peace in her heart as she makes this incredibly selfless decision for her gift of life. Is it weird that I love her and I am SO grateful to her, and I haven't even met her yet?
So now...we wait. We wait for the phone call or letter or email letting us know we have been matched. I am not that good at waiting! And I feel like I have been waiting for this sweet baby for SO long! But I fully believe God's perfect timing will prevail and when it does happen, I will have long forgotten about this painfully long journey.
Our life book has been turned into our agency for prospective birthfamilies to start viewing. What a difficult task to create a book that sums up our life and our thoughts...a book that will ultimately be the deciding factor to connect us with our child. I pray that our birthmom wherever she may be, will see our hearts poured out on the pages, that she will be able to see the committment we have to family, and will be able to know instantly how much love we have to give.

Below I have posted just small portion of our life book, I have not included any pages with our relatives and friends, for the sake of protecting their privacy. But I did want to post a few pages, just in case somewhere out there our birth mother finds our blog and feels a connection.

Love to all and thank you so much for all of the support and love we have received. I long for the day to share the good news with everyone of Charlie's sweet sibling!









3 comments:

Sweet Carolina Grace said...

Those pages you have shown of your life book are adorable!

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

Praying daily for the completion of this journey and for everyone involved including the brave birth mom of this precious baby.

Mimi

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I too have been praying for the expectant mothers we come into contact with, and in particular for the one that will be our child's birth mother. Your book is awesome! I agree it was such a difficult thing to make...I struggled so much with what to put in it, but in the end realized it could be one little thing, something so insignificant, that makes an expectant mother choose us...because its all in God's hands!