Monday, October 3, 2011

Courageous

I have decided I really need an uplifting post! I spoke to one of my sweet followers this weekend and she said that she had to get up and close her office door at work because she was sobbing through my last post. Bless her heart! She is pregnant...but still, I dont want to make people feel that way! This process has been an emotional roller coaster, but one thing is for sure, it will be worth it. Going through infertility, and adoption and the lengthy process to bring another sweet addition to our family seems to bring some pretty interesting responses from some people. I have been asked and questioned about using this agency or that agency, IVF, surrogacy, and the list goes on and on. I worry if we are working with the right agency or if we should be using someone else, or if we need to be contracted with more than one agency, or if I should be trying to find my birthmother on my own. Sometimes I feel like I am googling my sweet baby to death! That is when I stop, take a deep breath and remind myself that I am not in control. God knows our plans and he has already orchestrated this sweet child to find our family. It WILL happen.
I am feeling very content this week, I am working through our last failed placement, and I feel certain we are on the right path. God has put a strong calling in my heart to fulfill His plans through adoption, and even when I am questioned, I feel confident that His guidance is leading us to grow our family in this special way.
Last night Ryan and I went to the movies with about 30 members of our church family. We saw the movie, Courageous. It was about four police officers following their calling to serve and protect, and through an unexpected tragedy, they band together to become closer to God and their children. It was an incredible movie! Everyone should see it! Just remember to bring a BOX of tissue....seriously, it is a tearjerker! Protecting the streets was second nature to these men. Raising their children in a God-honoring way? That's courageous. Ryan said it was one of the best movies that he has ever seen. At that moment, I felt so thankful to be married to my courageous man. At that moment, I felt motivated to be courageous with my journey. Heartbreak is part of the package, but the end result is worth it. I am ready to keep fighting for our family.
As we walked out of the theater, with my make-up smudged all over my face from crying, we ran into our social worker and his wife leaving the movie too, they gave us a big hug, and at that moment I knew that we were working with the right agency, following God's will with his courageous people.
“Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.” 1 Corinthians 16:12

6 comments:

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

i can't wait to see this movie!

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

I can't wait to see this movie!

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

I can't wait to see this movie!

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

You were very excited about the movie! Can't wait to see it too!
Soooo glad you are feeling courageous again! It will all work out beautifully.

Love,
Mom

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

Such a sweet story! It will happen in His sweet time!
I want to see that movie!

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

Saw this movie and cant wait to take Dad! It's a one of a kind movie with a great message!

Love ya,
Mom