Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Ike.....take a HIKE

Hurricane Ike slammed into the gulf coast near Galveston late Friday night, leaving 5 million with out power and thousands and thousands of people homeless, and devastating most of Texas. Our prayers go out to all of Ike's victims. We feel extremely fortunate to live where we do.
We were open to as many evacuees as we could take on! My mom and sister, my brother and his wife, and sweet baby. Unfortunately I am sad to report that my grandmothers house was knee deep in flood waters, my Aunt and Uncle had a tree through their roof, and my entire family is still with out power.
On a happier note....Ryan, Charlie, and I tried to make the best of it and I have included some pictures of our fun-filled weekend cooped up in the house! It was actually nice to enjoy each others company. I am not going to post any pictures of the hurricane, only happy pictures. I think we have all seen enough of the devastating pictures from Ike, I am posting happy ones!
God Bless everyone who begins to pick up the pieces after this horrific storm. Our heart goes out to everyone who was affected.



Charlie going out to brave the storm

Watching the tube

Cleaning out the kitchen cabinet!
taking a rest

hiding from Mommy

saying "cheese!"

hitting Daddy with a ball

Kissing it all better


Coloring with Daddy


No comments: