Friday, April 30, 2010

A New Beginning


At the beginning of this year after lots and lots and lots of searching...Ryan and I decided to build another house in College Station. We are the king and queen of house hunting, and have been for the last couple of years! It is such a big decision and huge commitment and lots of different things to consider. Do we buy used or build?, which builder? which neighborhood?, school district?, city?!?!??? Price range?, floor plan?? A lot of things to weigh!!! After much deliberation and a large amount of thought and consideration and prayer, we finally decided on the right house for us. I hope :)
The building process brings lots of different emotions. Excitement, frustration, anxiousness, sense of accomplishment...we have both worked very hard to get to this point in our lives and we are trying to soak it all in.
We are less than a month away from closing, and the real excitement(and fear) has set in! Are we doing the right thing? Did we pick the right builder? right neighborhood, right street? Prayers have already been answered for great neighbors. We are thrilled with our next door neighbors that we have already met, and it looks like Charlie will have lots of friends to grow up with on this street!
I have spent a lot of wasted time the past few years worrying needlessly about things and people I can not change. I am learning to appreciate life and have decided not to worry about what I have no control over, enjoy the blessings...which are plentiful!
I am overjoyed to start this new chapter in our lives, in our new home and start making memories for many years to come.

Charlie and Parker (our next door neighbor)


1 comment:

Stacey said...

First of all...That is a Really neat picture of your street sign! I am so excited for yall. I am so happy that you love your new neighbors and I think your house is going to be absolutely gorgeous! I am also happy because I hope this means you will be in CS for a few more years!! I know, I am a little selfish! Maybe when it is time for y'all to move to Houston- it will be about the time I transfer back to Austin!