Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Moving and Miracles

6 days to go until we close on our house! As they are putting the final touches on the house this week, I am crossing my fingers and trying to stay calm, praying that it will all get done...correctly! Packing has been challenging with a little boy who enjoys unpacking faster than I can pack! I know it will all get done somehow and by this time next week we will be sleeping in our new house.
Speaking of sleeping...Charlie has decided to stop fighting me on sleeping in his bed. It is a miracle! In fact last night, he told us he was tired and gave us a hug and kiss good night and went and climbed into bed, covered himself up...and went to sleep! I went and checked on him and he was out. Unbelievable. When I woke him up for school this morning, I praised him for being such a big boy. He smiled his squinty smile and was proud of himself too.
I pray this move will be an easy transition for him. He seems excited about his new room and new backyard, and new neighbors, so I am hoping he won't back track.
I am so excited to see our house that we have watched progress weekly, become a reality. While I don't look forward to the moving...I look forward to the new memories to come!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I am so EXCITED and HAPPY for ya'll. Does this mean Christmas as The Farrell's this year!! I am sure Char will transition fine. Just get his room completely set up first- so it has all his familiar stuff and he will be happy. Besides- he is so happy about his new best friend next door :)
Let us know what we can do to help! I am thinking margaritas to celebrate- that is help, right?!?

Ashley said...

MARGARITAS sound like the PERFECT way to celebrate!

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

I can't believe that it is less than a week before the big move! Charlie is so excited about his house, his room, and his new friend too that I think this will be easy!!!
After Sunday we can help! Looking forward to it! What an exciting time!
Love,
Mom

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

I am so excited for all of you...and I am sure everything will go great...like Stacey said, just set his room up completely and he will be happy as a clam! And he loves his new friend next door...that will be the greatest for him! Congratulations...you guys have worked so hard to get here...don't stress...enjoy the moment!