Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Congrats Kat!

I will never forget the night, about 19 years ago, when my Mom and Dad asked my brother and I the most exciting question....."How would you like to have a little brother or sister?" My eyes lit up immediately and I began to scream in excitement. My brother, being 14 at the time did not exactly share my enthusiasm that night, but in time we all got used to the idea of our new addition to the family!
Kathryn Victoria was born! And life has never been the same since!
This weekend we watched her reach another milestone....high school graduation. It made us all feel old! It also made us proud and excited for what is yet to come for Katy.
We celebrated Katy's graduation ceremony and my mom and I wiped away tears as our baby walked across the stage in her pink high heels. We celebrated afterward with the rest of the family...all 35 of us! We all took turns sharing our funny memories of finding out my mom was pregnant at 40! It was interesting hearing everyone's different experience, and how each of us were affected by this little miracle.
Congrats Kat! We love you!

















3 comments:

Judy (Mimi) Hayes said...

Okay, you just made me cry all over again! It was a wonderful day!

kat! said...

aw i love you ash! thanks so muchh!

Stacey said...

That is so sweet. We are so happy for Katy. Natalie can not wait for her to be here so we can see her more! Because you know Katy is her cousin when she talks about her to all of her friends ;)Congrats, Katy!!